The PorterShed is a coworking and collaborative space for Technology focused Innovation Driven Enterprises. At PorterShed our focus is to build, grow, scale and innovate the Galway Tech ecosystem. Community, Collaboration and Coworking the three pillars of the PorterShed.
PorterShed allows entrepreneurs to use collaborative spaces and mingle with other entrepreneurs.
- Niamh CostelloDirectorGeneral Manager of Galway Technology Centre. Niamh has 20 years of management experience in sales, marketing, staff management, company administration with both multinational and small indigenous ICT companies.
- Maurice O'GormanChairpersonMaurice has over 25 years of experience in financial markets, is a former central banker and investment banker and has led a number of large scale projects, including the establishment of the Saudi Arabian Stock Exchange and the King Abdullah Financial District.
- Mary RodgersInnovation Community ManagerInnovation Community Manager, Amplifying the Galway tech ecosystem. Lecture, entrepreneur, US market entry specialist. A recognised influencer in international business circles. Passionate about driving sales, eager to connect people and always looking to pay it forward.
- John BreslinDirectorProfessor of Electronic Engineering at NUI Galway. John is also a Co-PI at the €47M Confirm Centre and the €49M Insight Centre, and an FI at the VistaMilk Centre. As an entrepreneur, he is Co-Founder of boards.ie and adverts.ie, and won two IIA Net Visionary awards.
- Evan CusackDirectorHead of AIB in Galway and Mayo, leads over 200 colleagues in delivering the well-managed growth of a multi-faceted banking operation. Evin has 30 years of banking experience ranging from retail through commercial and corporate banking.
- David CunninghamDirectorDavid is the owner of Beolas Teoranta which has interests in Business conferences and Medical devices but his main work is in Fintech. He was the founder of the Lean Startup Conference in London and is the Founder of The Irish Fintech Forum. He is a partner in new Venture Capital firm Rockyshore Partners that works with and invests in Irish Technology startups.
- Conor O'DowdDirectorChief Executive Officer at the Port of Galway Prior to joining the Port, Conor was an Audit Director at KPMG. Specific areas of expertise include audit, financial reporting, accounting, governance and financial planning.
- Aoife CheungAdministration LeadIt’s pretty simple: office administration is my passion. Day to day; devising ways to streamline processes. Dedicated, approachable, reliable, personable and motivated.
- Anthony ShaughnessyCommunity Liason ManagerPassionate about entrepreneurs, startups and small businesses. Fast adapter to new technologies with a problem-solving mindset. Digital Media Masters graduate, with a toolbox of digital skills and technical knowledge. Likes to enhance internal and external digital communications. Weekend Aerial Videographer and digital content creator.