Words by Alan Duggan | CEO | Ardán “Ardán have held several events and workshops at PorterShed, and found the company and staff to be
Career Opportunity: Community and Funding Support Manager at PorterShed
If you are a driven and enthusiastic professional with a passion for helping startups to scale and support them to access funding, we would love to hear from you. Join our team and make a positive difference in the growth and success of the Startup Tech and innovation community.
PorterShed is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Community and Funding Manager to join our ambitious team and assist startups in accessing the financial resources they need to succeed. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in cultivating a dynamic startup community and will guide our members and community through the funding application processes, identifying R&D tax credits, and discovering funding opportunities within Ireland and Europe.
- Community Engagement
– Proactively engage with the PorterShed community including academia, industry, investors and the public sector to understand their needs and offerings in relation
to the Tech innovation and start-up ecosystem.
- Funding Application Support:
– Collaborate with startups and small businesses to understand their funding needs and goals.
– Assist members in preparing and submitting funding applications, ensuring compliance with all relevant guidelines and requirements.
– Provide guidance on creating a compelling business case and financial projections.
- R&D Tax Credits:
– Identify and evaluate R&D activities within client organizations to determine eligibility for tax credits.
– Collaborate with R&D teams and financial advisors to gather necessary documentation.
– support the preparation of R&D tax credit claims on behalf of clients.
- Funding Opportunity Exploration:
– Stay updated on the latest funding opportunities, grants, and incentives in Ireland and Europe.
– Conduct research to identify potential funding sources, partnerships, and programs that align with our objectives.
– Develop and maintain a comprehensive database of available funding options.
– Monitor e-tenders for commercial opportunities for our programmes team.
- Client Relationship Management:
– Build and maintain strong relationships with startups understanding their business objectives and financial needs.
– Provide ongoing support and consultation to ensure members maximize funding opportunities.
– Act as a trusted advisor, offering strategic funding advice and solutions.
- Team Collaboration:
– Work closely with the management team to develop strategies for expanding funding support for members and community
– Collaborate with colleagues to share insights, best practices, and industry knowledge.
– Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, or a related field.
– Proven experience in funding application support, grants management, or a related role.
– Strong understanding of R&D tax credits and their application process.
– Excellent knowledge of the funding landscape in Ireland and Europe.
– Exceptional analytical and financial modelling skills.
– Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
– Ability to work independently, manage multiple clients, and meet deadlines.
– A passion for helping startups and small businesses achieve their funding goals.
Contract Duration: 3 years with option to renew
Competitive total compensation package for the right candidate
Flexible Work Schedule and Hybrid Working available
GCID is an equal-opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and mindsets because we know the strength of our team lies in its diversity.
PorterShed at Galway City Innovation District Overview:
The Galway City Innovation District (‘GCID’) was founded in 2015 to develop an innovation district in downtown Galway City and accelerate the growth of the regional technology ecosystem. The primary focus of GCID is to create high-value sustainable tech jobs in the West of Ireland. In 2016, GCID opened its first building, the PorterShed A Naide, In 2022 GCID continued its expansion by opening PorterShd A hAon and A Dó in downtown Galway. The Board and management team at GCID are ambitious and driven, but most importantly we love what we do.
CitySwift, the Galway-based leader in data intelligence for the public transport sector, has announced the closing of its latest funding round, securing €7 million. The