The Galway City Innovation District (GCID)/PorterShed is looking for an outgoing, welcoming, and motivated individual to join our team as a Community Assistant/Front of House.
PORTERSHED @ GALWAY CITY INNOVATION DISTRICT OVERVIEW
Galway City Innovation District (‘GCID’) was founded in 2015 to develop an innovation district in downtown Galway City and accelerate the regional technology ecosystem. The primary focus of GCID is to create high-value sustainable jobs in the West of Ireland. In 2016, GCID opened its first building, the PorterShed, whose member companies have so far had more than €36 million in inward investment. In 2022, GCID continued its expansion by opening two new sites in downtown Galway. The Board and management team at GCID are ambitious and driven, but most importantly we love what we do.
Key responsibilities of Community Assistant/Front of House include:
● Maximising the membership experience at PorterShed
● Actively engaging with the community at PorterShed
● Ensuring the space is well maintained and ready for our members to use
● Answering enquiries in-person, online, and via phone calls
● Diary scheduling
● Managing our event space and the needs of our event clients; this will include occasional evening work
● Utilising operational systems to their fullest capacity; training will be provided
● Previous front-of-house/reception/retail/hospitality experience highly recommended
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Excellent organisational skills, with good attention to detail
● Integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy skills
● A strong initiative, and an innovative and creative outlook
● A positive attitude
● A willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
● Social media marketing experience desirable
Job Title: Community Assistant/Front of House
Reports To: Office Manager, CEO
Location: This is a three-month contract with potential for renewal, an on site role based at PorterShed offices, Eyre Square
Application Process: Email CV and cover letter to Work@gcid.ie. Immediate Start.